Friday, December 2, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
December 15 - Holiday party
January 19 - Our program and spirituality
February 16 - Going to court
March 15 Activities from the Resource room
April 19 Get those kids outside and moving !
May 17 - Expectations of a case worker
June 20 Individual Evaluations
Friday, October 14, 2011
- send me materials you are using,
- call to chat about what you would like to see or
- add your two cents in the comment section here.
- How ever you do it. Connect with me!
Monday, September 26, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
We have a new supply of Step Books courtesy of the State office.
They are in black binders on the bottom shelf on the short book shelf in my office.
White ones will be in Spanish.
As these binders are thinner than the previous ones,
I am going to leave it up to each of you as to which extra handouts you include.
I do want you to include extra handouts however.
They are still in the tub next to my desk.
Also remember that there are
dividers to better organize their books
and the glossy Emergency Preparedness Booklet.
Each book should come with those.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
- There was a demonstration of a genogram.
- We talked about when a team meeting might be called.
- We discussed a glossary of terms that are used in team meetings.
- We went over the structure of a team meeting.
Then we had some fun but disruptive mock team meetings.
I want to appreciate everyone who participated.
And as usual there were great things to eat as we learned.
Remember June's billing
must be on my desk by July 5th!
This includes mileage!
I will be on vacation from June 16 until June 27. Contact Wendy Hamner for assistance.
Tenative date and topic for July meeting
"How to spot meth use in a parent."
presented by Linda Cannon
Participant in survey below about the need for an August In-service as many people are out on vacation then.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
- I will be putting together a peer parent directory. Please send me contact info, a blurb and a picture that you want to share . If you don't send me a story I will be forced to make up some wild stories.
- June In-service will be Thursday June 9, 6:30 to 8:30, Pot luck as usual. Tentative topic, "Participating in Team Meetings" Remember this will be you last chance to get an inservice in this fiscal year. Two are required.
- June is the time for anuual reviews. Send some times in June that you have time for me to come over and reminice about the last wonderful year in peer parenting.
- The fiscal year is over June 30th. June billing will be due on my desk no later than Tuesday July 5th. There will be a small prize for the the first billing submited in july. Turning in your billing late in july will result in piles of paperwork the attainment of impossible signatures and extensive delays in payment. Consider yourself fair warned!
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
It was announced that on April 13th, 12:00 to 2:00, Peer Parenting will participate in a Provider's Fair. It will be at the Oquirh office (which is almost to 201 on Bangerter.) Case workers from around the region will be there for a dessert contest. I will be there with materials from the Resource room and brochures. This will be a good time to get to know the case workers. The more the case workers know about our program the more they will refer clients. And the more than get to know YOU the more you will be requested on cases. Anyone wanting to participate contact me a head of time so that we can stagger times to cover the table.
We had a good discussion on why and how to close a case.
The biggest change is the need to have a team meeting before you close any case. In cases that aren't going so well, it is important to try to make sure you have the support of the team, and have exhausted all the avenues to making it a successful case. . In 'great' cases, it is time to have a celebratory meeting and/or a party.
The other change is that I will be generating certificates form this office. There is a form of course. I have also developed check list for both opening and closing cases. As soon as possible those will be included here on the blog but for now I will email them to you when needed.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
and with efficiency in mind
Here are a few common mistakes that are made at billing time.
- The mileage sheet is meant to be oriented as 'landscape' rather than 'portrait'. I get more of your info that way and it is easier to read.
- Mileage is to the nearest mile NOT tenth of a mile. Pretty sure, on average it is going to even out and I need to be consistent.
- Face to Face time with clients includes initial meetings, court (while the client is there), phone calls, anytime you are actual in contact or presence of the client. You should be mentoring during times you are not actually teaching a skill.
- On the 520 we can't round up the cents (if the total comes to say$87.129 write $87.12). This is how the state counts it and I need to be consistent.
Thanks for letting me nag right off the bat. February bills came out late because (and now I'm quoting) "jeez it's a short month".